As is now tradition, this is the post of the end of October. I’m still putting my money where my mouth is.
RECAP OF THE UPDATED 2019 GOALS
- Write 500,000 words in personal, non-school related projects.
- Complete and publish Felix #2, Felix #3,
Des O’Neal #1, Des O’Neal #2, Des O’Neal #3, Jovian Marines #1, Jovian Marines #2, Jovian Marines #3, Mech Warrior #1, Mech Warrior #2, Mech Warrior #3.
- Complete and Publish VRMMORPG
- Correct cover for Felix #1.
- Write four blog posts per month
- Give Felix #1 and Tokyo Tempest #1 a proofread.
- Complete and submit to market Terran Marine Raider short #1, Terran Marine Raider short #2, and
RPG Death short. Added goal: complete and submit to market, JSS Leda (New title: From Planet Everdark), secret short #2 (New Title: Rise of the Ghids) and secret short #3 (New Title: Sailing Vessel Wanderlust: the Delivery).
- Earn $1000.00 a month from novels.
Relaunch publishing company with a new, stronger name.
- Get 1 client for editing services.
- NEW GOAL: Lose 90 lbs and get healthier.
- NEW GOAL: Write for 365 Days in a row of at least 100 words per day.
- I wrote 33,672 words.
- I have written for 303 days in a row.
- I finished writing Des O’Neal #3, now onto the next one.
- I passed the 400k mark in total yearly words at 422k.
- Working with a local cover artist for a bunch of covers for books.
- Finished editing Mechwarrior #1, editing my VRMMORPG story.
- Wrote 4 blog posts during June.
- Starting weight 286lbs, weight today, 274lbs. No change.
EXAMINATION OF ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- I wrote just over 33k words in October. This was the worst month I’ve had. It was only through willpower that I didn’t drop the ball on my word streak. And that I set the min. daily goal for 150 words. I hit the burnout wall in the middle of this month and stumbled. I can still get my 500k goal. But it’ll be hard. I still have other things to do so I’ll have to take it slow and work up to my word count. Perhaps I need to give myself permission to fail.
- This is still the longest days in a row I have written by far as well as the longest yearly word count. I count that as a win. My goal is to write 365 days in a row.
- I have news about the short Sailing Vessel Wanderlust: the Delivery, but I still have nothing that I talk about yet. I expect that I should be able to release information on it soon.
- I completed the edits for Mechwarrior #1. Took me way too long, however, now I need to figure out a cover.
- I’m onto my VR story. I’ve made progress and it doesn’t have much in the way for plot holes, which is going to make editing easier.
- I’m working on using some of the short stories I have written for school as filler projects. A part of the problem is trying to pick up an old project. So I’m going to work on something small as a pallet cleanser. Perhaps use them as Patreon awards, or publish them on Amazon. Not sure yet.
- A local cover artist, not my wife, is working on what I am calling “art assets.” These are so my wife can turn them into beautiful covers. They will be works of art on there own but will have no titling, which is why I need my wife.
- My blog posts are still happening.
- Mt diet had ended. Counting calories had become too difficult to do. I haven’t gone up back to my old weigh, and my habit of overeating has not come back. I’m that habit down to keep my weight in check. I’m looking for a better plan to help with my weight loss.
PLAN FOR THE FUTURE
This month was the worst. But I got through it. This month is NaNo, and the steamroll towards the end of the semester. Things are looking up and I’m excited to get back at my workload. Schoolwork with five classes is hard.
Publishing wise, the big roadblock is editing, which I’m working on, and covers. Once I get those figured out, things will drop fast. It’s what got me to work faster and harder at this.
Sort plan this report. Write more. Edit more. Get covers. Do assignments.
If you like what you are reading and wish to support me in my endeavors, please sign up to my newsletter, visit my Amazon Author Page and purchase one of my books. Or buy me a coffee. Your help and support are much appreciated.