As is now tradition, this is the post of the end of August. I’m still putting my money where my mouth is.
RECAP OF THE UPDATED 2019 GOALS
- Write 500,000 words in personal, non-school related projects.
- Complete and publish Felix #2, Felix #3,
Des O’Neal #1, Des O’Neal #2, Des O’Neal #3, Jovian Marines #1, Jovian Marines #2, Jovian Marines #3, Mech Warrior #1, Mech Warrior #2, Mech Warrior #3.
- Complete and Publish VRMMORPG
- Correct cover for Felix #1.
- Write four blog posts per month
- Give Felix #1 and Tokyo Tempest #1 a proofread.
- Complete and submit to market Terran Marine Raider short #1, Terran Marine Raider short #2, and
RPG Death short. Added goal: complete and submit to market, JSS Leda (New title: From Planet Everdark), secret short #2 (New Title: Rise of the Ghids) and secret short #3 (New Title: Sailing Vessel Wanderlust: the Delivery).
- Earn $1000.00 a month from novels.
Relaunch publishing company with a new, stronger name.
- Get 1 client for editing services.
- NEW GOAL: Lose 90 lbs and get healthier.
- NEW GOAL: Write for 365 Days in a row of at least 100 words per day.
- I wrote 49,346 words.
- I have written for 243 days in a row.
- I spent most of this month working on my VR story and have started the first draft of Des O’Neal #3.
- I nearing the 350k mark in total yearly words at 345k.
- For Sailing Vessel Wanderlust: the Delivery, Rise of the Ghids and From Planet Everdark, I have received some good news.
- Working with a local cover artist for a bunch of covers for books.
- Working on the edit for Mechwarrior #1.
- Wrote 4 blog posts during June.
- Starting weight 286lbs, weight today, 274lbs. No change.
EXAMINATION OF ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- I wrote just over 49k words in August. Total word-wise, it is the best that I have done this year. And once I split it into per day averages, it is one the best word counts that I have done. I managed to write a few good days of 3k words and 4k words that made up for the few bad days.
- This is still the longest days in a row I have written by far as well as the longest yearly word count. I count that as a win. My goal is to write 365 days in a row.
- For Sailing Vessel Wanderlust: the Delivery, Rise of the Ghids and From Planet Everdark, I have heard back from the three markets with some good news. Nothing that I talk about yet. I expect that I should be able to release information on it soon.
- I am working on editing Mech Warrior #1. It is taking longer to get it done than I’d like. Due to plot holes, I had been forced to draw a diagram of the starship. Lesson learned.
- A local cover artist, not my wife, is working on what I am calling “art assets.” These are so my wife can turn them into beautiful covers. They will be works of art on there own but will have no titling, which is why I need my wife.
- My blog posts are still happening.
- Mt diet had ended. Counting calories had become too difficult to do. I haven’t gone up back to my old weigh, and my habit of overeating has not come back. I’m that habit down to keep my weight in check. I’m looking for a better plan to help with my weight loss.
PLAN FOR THE FUTURE
This month was hard but good. The burnt-out feeling is still there, but I’m taking my time to read books and relax. Even though I have managed to get the words done, I have not been able to get my editing done. I find it easy to put it off. I will have to correct this in the future.
My goal is to get Mechwarrior #1 edited by September 12th. I have many other I need to get done. It is going to be more difficult as school starts up in four days as I’m taking five classes.
I did get a lot of other stuff done. However, nothing published. The hold up is covers and editing at the moment. I had one book, Missed Drop Zone, ready to go. Yet, I have decided to give it another draft as there are some minor worldbuilding holes in the story. Better to correct it now than later.
I have started to edit other works, the short stories as they come up. They are a good distraction in some ways, a poor one in others. I have the feeling that I am not going to get my goal of getting all of those stories published. I’m going to run out of time and word count. But there is always next year, as long as I have manuscripts done.
The VRMMORPG story is done. It clocked in at 108k. I didn’t go over the mark by much. I expected I would have to go over by 20k, but I only did by 8k. There are plot holes in it, but that is why second drafts and editing is for.
So the plan, work on Des O’Neal #3, edit Mechwarrior #1. Get covers complete. Get books ready to publish.
If you like what you are reading and wish to support me in my endeavors, please sign up to my newsletter, visit my Amazon Author Page and purchase one of my books. Or buy me a coffee. Your help and support are much appreciated.