As is now tradition, this is the post of the end of June. I am still putting my money where my mouth is.
RECAP OF THE UPDATED 2019 GOALS
- Write 500,000 words in personal, non-school related projects.
- Complete and publish Felix #2, Felix #3,
Des O’Neal #1, Des O’Neal #2, Des O’Neal #3, Jovian Marines #1, Jovian Marines #2, Jovian Marines #3, Mech Warrior #1, Mech Warrior #2, Mech Warrior #3.
- Complete and Publish VRMMORPG
- Correct cover for Felix #1.
- Write four blog posts per month
- Give Felix #1 and Tokyo Tempest #1 a proofread.
- Complete and submit to market Terran Marine Raider short #1, Terran Marine Raider short #2, and
RPG Death short.
- Added goal: complete and submit to market, JSS Leda (New title From Planet Everdark), secret short #2 and secret short #3.
- Earn $1000.00 a month from novels.
Relaunch publishing company with a new, stronger name.
- Get 1 client for editing services.
- NEW GOAL: Lose 90 lbs and get healthier.
- NEW GOAL: Write for 365 Days in a row of at least 100 words per day.
- I wrote 42,192 words.
- I have written for 213 days in a row.
- I spent most of this month working on my VR story but also worked on the Secret Short #2
- I nearing the 300k mark in total yearly words at 295k.
- Submitted Secret Short #2 and Secret Short #3 to the market, waiting to hear back if it’s accepted or not.
- Working with a local cover artist for a bunch of covers for books.
- Edited Secret short #3, reading it for submission.
- Working on the edit for Mechwarrior #1.
- Wrote 4 blog posts during June.
- Starting weight 286lbs, weight today, 274lbs.
EXAMINATION OF ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- I wrote just over 42k words in July. Total word-wise, it is in the top half of the months. However, once you split it up into per day averages, it is one of the worse word counts that I have done. I managed to write a good second half of the month to bring up my average to a better number.
- This is still the longest days in a row I have written by far as well as the longest yearly word count. I count that as a win. My goal is to write 365 days in a row.
- I have finished editing my two short stories. I had come across a short turn-around and I had put my VR story aside to work on it.
- I am working on editing Mech Warrior #1. It is taking longer to get it done than I’d like.
- A local cover artist, not my wife is working on what I am calling “art assets.” These are so my wife can turn them into beautiful covers. They will be works of art on there own but will have no titling, which is why I need my wife.
- My blog posts are still happening.
- Mt diet had ended. Counting calories had become too difficult to do. I haven’t gone up back to my old weigh and my habit of overeating has not come back. I’m that habit down to keep my weight in check. I’m looking for a better plan to help with my weight loss.
PLAN FOR THE FUTURE
This month was harder than most. I’m feeling burnt out. I need to ramp up my efforts and get more stuff done. Things are slipping away. Once this summer semester is over, the plan is to ramp up my efforts to write more and edit more. But, I need to take time for myself. Keep this burn out away before I start the new fall semester.
I did get a lot of other stuff done. However, nothing published. The hold up is covers and editing at the moment. I have the one book, Missed Drop Zone, ready to go. But there is no real rush. I want to do things right and not make mistakes.
I have started to edit other works, the short stories as they come up. They are a good distraction in some ways, a poor one in others. I have the feeling that I am not going to get my goal of getting all of those stories published. I’m going to run out of time and word count. But there is always next year, as long as I have manuscripts done.
The VRMMORPG story is going well. I’m at 90k out of a target of 100k. I’m going to be going over that mark. My best guess is 20k over the mark, perhaps more. This changes the ultimate goal of how many books I want to publish. Many titles will be pushed back to next year. I’m getting covers for them, however.
So the plan, work on VRMMORPG, edit other novels. Get covers. Get books published.
If you like what you are reading and wish to support me in my endeavors, please sign up to my newsletter, visit my Amazon Author Page and purchase one of my books. Or buy me a coffee. Your help and support are much appreciated.