As is now tradition, this is the post of the end of June. I am still putting my money where my mouth is.
RECAP OF THE UPDATED 2019 GOALS
- Write 500,000 words in personal, non-school related projects.
- Complete and publish Felix #2, Felix #3,
Des O’Neal #1, Des O’Neal #2, Des O’Neal #3, Jovian Marines #1, Jovian Marines #2, Jovian Marines #3, Mech Warrior #1, Mech Warrior #2, Mech Warrior #3.
- Complete and Publish VRMMORPG
- Correct cover for Felix #1.
- Write four blog posts per month
- Give Felix #1 and Tokyo Tempest #1 a proofread.
- Complete and submit to market Terran Marine Raider short #1, Terran Marine Raider short #2, and
RPG Death short.
- Added goal: complete and submit to market, JSS Leda (New title From Planet Everdark), secret short #2 and secret short #3.
- Earn $1000.00 a month from novels.
Relaunch publishing company with a new, stronger name.
- Get 1 client for editing services.
- NEW GOAL: Lose 90 lbs and get healthier.
- NEW GOAL: Write for 365 Days in a row of at least 100 words per day.
- I wrote 42,886 words.
- I have written for 182 days in a row.
- I spent most of this month working on my VR story.
- I have passed the 50% mark in total yearly words at 253k.
- Waiting to hear back if my short story with the previous title, JSS Leda (New title From Planet Everdark) is accepted or not.
- Working with a local cover artist for a bunch of covers for books.
- Edited Secret short #2, reading it for submission.
- Working on the edit for Mechwarrior #1.
- Wrote 4 blog posts during June.
- Starting weight 286lbs, weight today, 263lbs.
EXAMINATION OF ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- I wrote just over 42k words in June. Total word-wise, it is not the best that I have done, however, once you split it up into per day averages, it is the second best that I have pulled off. I managed to write a few 3k and 4k days to make up the lackluster numbers of other days.
- This is still the longest days in a row I have written by far as well as the longest yearly word count. I count that as a win. My goal is to write 365 days in a row.
- I have finished editing the short story. It is short story set in a post-apocalyptic world where Yellowstone Supervolcano exploded. It is about Captain Adele of the SV Wanderlust and her goal to deliver expensive cargo to its destination and to defeat other Captains who want the shipment for themselves. Once it is submitted and accepted, it will get a full blog post. For now, this will have to do.
- I am working on editing Mech Warrior #1.
- A local cover artist, not my wife is working on what I am calling “art assets.” These are so my wife can turn them into beautiful covers. They will be works of art on there own but will have no titling, which is why I need my wife.
- My blog posts are still happening.
- I have been on this new diet for a month now. My energy is high, however, I crave chips.
PLAN FOR THE FUTURE
This month was harder than most. I feel like I’m starting to burn out, yet I need to ramp up my efforts and get more stuff done. The summer session semesters at school was split into two short semesters with the first part completed. Now with only one course, it should be easier to get other things done and to look after myself, as well.
I did get a lot of other stuff done. However, nothing published. The hold up is covers and editing at the moment. I have the one book, Missed Drop Zone, ready to go. But there is no real rush. I want to do things right and not make mistakes.
I have started to edit other works, the short stories as they come up. They are a good distraction in some ways, a poor one in others. I have the feeling that I am not going to get my goal of getting all of those stories published. I’m going to run out of time and word count. But there is always next year, as long as I have manuscripts done.
I have created an editing schedule, but it is hard to keep on it. I am hoping to get at least three more novels edited by September. It is a hard target to hit, but I think that it is possible.
The VRMMORPG story is going well. I’m at 60k out of a target of 100k. So things are progressing nicely. It is not going to be a stand alone. I tried. It’ll be a trilogy; if not longer.
So the plan, work on VRMMORPG, edit other novels. Get covers. Get books published.
If you like what you are reading and wish to support me in my endeavors, please sign up to my newsletter, visit my Amazon Author Page and purchase one of my books. Or buy me a coffee. Your help and support are much appreciated.