As like the post for the end of January, this is the post of the end of May. I am still putting my money where my mouth is.
RECAP OF 2019 GOALS
- Write 500,000 words in personal, non-school related projects.
- Complete and publish Felix #2, Felix #3,
Des O’Neal #1, Des O’Neal #2, Des O’Neal #3, Jovian Marines #1, Jovian Marines #2, Jovian Marines #3, Mech Warrior #1, Mech Warrior #2, Mech Warrior #3.
- Complete and Publish VRMMORPG
- Correct cover for Felix #1.
- Write four blog posts per month
- Give Felix #1 and Tokyo Tempest #1 a proofread.
- Complete and submit to market Terran Marine Raider short #1, Terran Marine Raider short #2, and
RPG Death short.
- Added goal: complete and submit to market, JSS Leda, secret short #2 and secret short #3.
- Earn $1000.00 a month from novels.
Relaunch publishing company with a new, stronger name.
- Get 1 client for editing services.
- NEW GOAL: Lose 90 lbs and get healthier.
- I wrote 43,055 words.
- I have written for 151 days in a row, which is also at the approx one-third mark in the days of the year.
- I spent most of this month working on short stories and not on longer fiction.
- I have started the first draft for a new story.
- I have passed the 40% mark in total yearly words at 210k.
- Edited the short story with a working title called the JSS Leda and submitted it to market.
- Working with a local cover artist for a bunch of covers for books.
- Completed edited Jovian Marines #1.
- Wrote 4 blog posts during May.
- Starting weight 286lbs, weight today, 268lbs.
EXAMINATION OF ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- I wrote just over 43k words in May. It is better than the last two months. I have managed to pull off a couple really good days that have helped bolster my poor days.
- This is the longest days in a row I have written by far as well as the longest yearly word count. I count that as a win.
- I have first drafted another short story. A secret project that I will keep secret for now.
- I am working on editing my secret project.
- A local cover artist, not my wife is working on what I am calling “art assets.” These are so my wife can turn them into beautiful covers. They will be works of art on there own but will have no titling, which is why I need my wife.
- The edits of Jovian Marines #1 are completed. It just have to get a cover and I can publish it. As soon as I get it back from a proofreader.
- My blog posts are still happening. Even when I forget.
- I have been on this new diet for a month now. My energy is high, however, I crave chips.
PLAN FOR THE FUTURE
This month was hard at some points, and stressful at others and flowed when it did. A new semester at school has started so new courses to distract me. I did get a lot of other stuff done. However, nothing published.
With Missed Drop Zone finished edited this month, I need to start editing other titles. However, figuring out a good editing schedule is difficult at best. I will figure it out. Having them first drafter is a feat on its own.
The VRMMORPG story listed above is an oops. I didn’t intend to start another story, however, it is flowing. I like the characters, I like the plot. I am hoping to keep this a stand-alone. It is me though. I tend to write long stories.
So the plan, work on VRMMORPG, edit other novels. Get covers. Get books published.
If you like what you are reading and wish to support me in my endeavours, please sign up to my newsletter, visit my Amazon Author Page and purchase one of my books. Or buy me a coffee. Your help and support are much appreciated.