As like the post for the end of January, this is the post of the end of April. I am still putting my money where my mouth is.
RECAP OF 2019 GOALS
- Write 500,000 words in personal, non-school related projects.
- Complete and publish Felix #2, Felix #3,
Des O’Neal #1, Des O’Neal #2, Des O’Neal #3, Jovian Marines #1, Jovian Marines #2, Jovian Marines #3, Mech Warrior #1, Mech Warrior #2, Mech Warrior #3.
- Correct cover for Felix #1.
- Write four blog posts per month
- Give Felix #1 and Tokyo Tempest #1 a proofread.
- Complete and submit to market Terran Marine Raider short #1, Terran Marine Raider short #2, and
RPG Death short.
- Added goal: complete and submit to market, JSS Leda, secret short #2 and secret short #3.
- Earn $1000.00 a month from novels.
Relaunch publishing company with a new, stronger name.
- Get 1 client for editing services.
- NEW GOAL: Lose 90 lbs and get healthier.
- I wrote 40,667 words.
- I have written for 120 days in a row, which is also at the approx one-third mark in the days of the year.
- The O’Neal Kidnapped has been first drafted.
- I have passed the one-third mark in total yearly words at 167k.
- Editing the short story with a working title called the JSS Leda.
- Working with a local cover artist for a bunch of covers for books.
- Edited Terran Marine Raider #1, it is ready to be submitted to a market.
- Still worked on editing Jovian Marines #1.
- Wrote 4 blog posts during April.
- Relaunched with a new, stronger name. Atomic Slingshot Press
- Starting weight 286lbs, weight today, 278lbs.
EXAMINATION OF ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- I wrote just over 40k words in April. It is the lowest monthly total in both the total quantities of words as well as a daily average. With final exams and final papers in the mix, it was hard to get the amount of time to get the words done. I do have a week before the summer semester starts. It is time to do some catch-up.
- I have first drafted the second O’Neal book, The O’Neal Kidnapped. It turned out better than I expected. It clocked in at 61k words.
- I am working on editing my secret project.
- A local cover artist, not my wife is working on what I am calling “art assets.” These are so my wife can turn them into beautiful covers. They will be works of art on there own but will have no titling, which is why I need my wife.
- The edits of Jovian Marines #1 are ongoing. I have decided to give it a full draft rewrite. It is a delay that throws things off. However, it is two-thirds complete. I expect to get the draft done soon so I can get it to the proofreader.
- My blog posts are still happening. Even if I get distracted at times. I do thank my wife for carrying the ball when I stumbled. It is very appreciated.
- New branding for the site and company. I’m much happier with this than the name before.
- I have been on this new diet for only a few days now. My energy is up, I feel healthier, and I have lost a few pounds. I know it is too early to call that weight a success, but it’s helpful.
PLAN FOR THE FUTURE
This month was more laborious than March by far. The schoolwork has built up and piled on. I did get a lot of other stuff done. However, nothing published.
The second O’Neal book, The O’Neal Kidnapped, has been done. I am working on a cover for it, as well as it is in the long editing pile.
I will get Missed Drop Zone finished edited this month. This time I swear it. I know that it has turned into a bit of a joke. It will get done, then published.
I have many plans for other stories. I have at least three different series and one standalone not included on my list that I want to write. I need to push past the current projects to move onto other things.
If you like what you are reading and wish to support me in my endeavours, please sign up to my newsletter, visit my Amazon Author Page and purchase one of my books. Or buy me a coffee. Your help and support are much appreciated.