As like the post for the end of January, this is the post of the end of March. I am still putting my money where my mouth is.
RECAP OF 2019 GOALS
- Write 500,000 words in personal, non-school related projects.
- Complete and publish Felix #2, Felix #3,
Des O’Neal #1, Des O’Neal #2, Des O’Neal #3, Jovian Marines #1, Jovian Marines #2, Jovian Marines #3, Mech Warrior #1, Mech Warrior #2, Mech Warrior #3.
- Correct cover for Felix #1.
- Write four blog posts per month
- Give Felix #1 and Tokyo Tempest #1 a proofread.
- Complete and submit to market Terran Marine Raider short #1, Terran Marine Raider short #2, and
RPG Death short.
- Added goal: complete and submit to market, JSS Leda, secret short #2 and secret short #3.
- Earn $1000.00 a month from novels.
- Relaunch publishing company with a new, stronger name.
- Get 1 client for editing services.
- I wrote 42,240 words.
- I have reached my 90 day-in-a-row point, which is also at the approx one-quarter mark in the days of the year.
- I have passed the one-quarter mark in total yearly words at 127k.
- I hit the publish button on Des O’Neal #1, retitled as The O’Neal Saboteur. For those that haven’t, the book can be found here.
- Wrote a short story with a working title called the JSS Leda.
- Working with a local cover artist for a bunch of covers for books.
- Edited Terran Marine Raider #1.
- Still worked on editing Jovian Marines #1.
- Wrote 5 blog posts during March (Extra week.)
EXAMINATION OF ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- I wrote just over 42k words in March. While it is larger than my monthly total for February, there are more days in March and, as such, my daily count has taken a beating. I wrote 100 words a day on average in February than in March. Being on track for total words is good, especially with my semester ending and a bit of free time to write more words and gain a bit of a buffer for the next summer semester.
- No books have been first drafted this month. However, I finally hit the button on The O’Neal Saboteur. It is out now.
- I have a secret. It involves my short story JSS Leda (working title), and once I can announce more information, then I shall announce.
- A local cover artist, not my wife is working on what I am calling “art assets.” These are so my wife can turn them into beautiful covers. They will be works of art on there own but will have no titling, which is why I need my wife.
- The edits of Jovian Marines #1 are ongoing. The title of which will be The Missed Drop Zone. It will be in the Odinite Campaign Saga. It was put on hold while I worked on the super secret project. I expect to pick it up soon.
- As you can see from my previous posts, I have written five blog posts with them going live on Sundays. This month I wrote about my mishmash ideas and concepts stemming from the stress of going to school full time and doing something crazy like writing 500k words and publishing the work.
PLAN FOR THE FUTURE
This by far was the hardest month for me. Despite publishing one work, it has been hard to keep going. The changing of projects make things hard as well. I suffer from a slowdown of words as I change and start up the next project.
I’m currently working on the second O’Neal book, it is going to have the title, The O’Neal Kidnapped. I am 30k into it, not including the words in my first go that I did last year. This is another of my incompletes. However, it has the issue of me having to weave new words with old instead of only taking words onto the end like the previous books.
I will get Missed Drop Zone finished edited this month. It has become a joke of being put off. It will happen and soon. I hope to have it published by the end of April. However, I am not setting a date on it until it is ready. It’s not ready.
As you may have noticed, I have added a subgoal of some short stories that I need to write. They are secret, and I will talk about them soon. I have also crossed off the RPG Death Short. It is being used in a school project, and as such, I can’t write that story. Maybe later I will post the story.
If you like what you are reading and wish to support me in my endeavours, please sign up to my newsletter, visit my Amazon Author Page and purchase one of my books. Or buy me a coffee. Your help and support are much appreciated.