In an effort to put my money where my mouth is, I have decided that at the start of the next month I shall go over what I have accomplished.
Recap of 2019 Goals
- Write 500,000 words in personal, non-school related projects.
- Complete and publish Felix #2, Felix #3, Des O’Neal #1, Des O’Neal #2, Des O’Neal #3, Jovian Marines #1, Jovian Marines #2, Jovian Marines #3, Mech Warrior #1, Mech Warrior #2, Mech Warrior #3.
- Correct cover for Felix #1.
- Write four blog posts per month
- Give Felix #1 and Tokyo Tempest #1 a proofread.
- Complete and submit to market Jovian Marine Raider short #1, Jovian Marine Raider short #2, and RPG Death short.
- Earn $1000.00 a month from novels.
- Relaunch publishing company with a new, stronger name.
- Get 1 client for editing services.
- I wrote 43,834 words.
- I finished the first draft of Felix #2.
- Finished editing Des O’Neal #1
- Waiting on a cover for Des O’Neal #1
- Worked on editing Jovian Marines #1
- Wrote 4 blog posts during January
Examination of Accomplishments
- With writing nearly 44k words in January, I have just passed the base January goal of 42,470 words. It is not large enough for the 46,500 words that I set for myself, but that is okay. I set the 46k goal to account for times when the writing doesn’t flow. In the 31 days of January, I had failed to write the daily goal of 1500 words nine times. The lowest daily count was at 140 words. To me, this is a good month and is something to be excited about.
- I had started the manuscript for the sequel to my Phantom Sorcerer back in January 2018. I reached 45k words before I got distracted by other projects and life got in the way. Now, it is done at 73k words. It is in the pile of stories to be edited.
- At the start of the month, I had finished the edits to the first Des O’Neal book. It will be called The O’Neal Saboteur.
- I have been working with my wife, the artist, on a cover for the Des O’Neal book. It is coming along, and it will be a post once I can show something about it.
- The edits of Jovian Marines #1 are ongoing. I have a title for the project, but no series name. I am not settled with Jovian Marines. I am thinking about the Odinite Campaign Saga. We will see what I settle on.
- As you can see from my previous posts, I have written four blog posts with them going live on Sundays. I wrote about goals. In February, I will be discussing a different topic, which is currently undecided.
Plan for the Future
Despite not hitting the publish button in the month of January, I consider the month to be successful. I start my day by editing for an hour before doing anything else. After that, I write my words for the day. Once those two tasks are done, I work on other tasks. At the end of each night, I write my tasks for the next day.
So far, it is working, and I won’t be changing a thing. If I keep going on this path, I will be successful this year. It is a long way off, and anything can happen.
I will post the February update at the beginning of March. Until then, enjoy the posts for February.